Our Mailing Address
Higher U, Inc.
P.O. Box 11218
Elkins Park PA 19027
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Currency and Payment Methods
All prices are stated in U.S. Dollars.
We accept several methods of payment to accommodate your needs. HigherU.com (the “Site”) accepts, among other forms of payment, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and HigherU.com gift cards for qualifying events.
Account, Order, and Billing Information Verification
All information on accounts and orders must be valid and are subject to verification. Orders that are placed, or attempted to be placed, using an account in which any information entered is found to be false, misleading, incorrect, or incomplete, or that cannot be verified as belonging to the account holder, are subject to cancellation at any time. Orders are subject to credit card approval and processed only after the billing address associated with your credit card and other billing information have been verified.
Service Fees and Order Processing Fees
Courses and/or event tickets purchased on the Site are typically subject to a per transaction service fee and a per order processing fee.
If you do not receive a confirmation number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm whether or not your order has been placed. Only you may be aware of any problems that may occur during the purchase process. We will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you assume that an order was not placed because you failed to receive confirmation.
License | Ejection and Cancellation | No Redemption Value
You agree to comply with all applicable rules, policies, terms and conditions. We reserve the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct management deems disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with HigherU’s Rules. Breach of terms or rules will terminate your license to attend the HigherU event or course without refund. A ticket or course registration is a revocable license and admission may be refused upon refunding the face amount paid at registration. Registration fee is not redeemable for cash.
Refund / Exchange Policy
Before purchasing course packages or event tickets, carefully review all details. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before making a purchase.
Our Refund and Exchange policies are subject to the following terms:
- All requests to refund or exchange the purchased training course with another course or another training session must be made via email to email@example.com within 15 days from when the original purchase was made.
- If you have are not satisfied with your course experience and have attended 90% of all classes and coursework, you can request to repeat the course free of charge. If after repeating the experience at the same level of attendance and completion, you are still not satisfied, you can request a refund via email within 15 days of course-end and your refund request will be processed.
- No course exchanges will be granted if the request is received to firstname.lastname@example.org more than 15 days after the original purchase date. No refund requests will be granted, even if all conditions have been met, if the request is received more than 15 days after the repeated course has concluded.
- Only one exchange request will be granted per purchase, and exchange requests are not guaranteed.
- Exchanges must be confined to courses or training sessions within 6-months of the original purchase order. Participants will be allowed to exchange an initial purchase order with another course of equivalent or lesser value assuming (i) the exchange course occurs within 6-months of the purchased course, (ii) the exchange course has space on its roster such that it is able to enroll additional students, and (iii) the student has met all course requirements needed for enrollment in the exchange course.
- As exchanges are subject to enrollment restrictions, course and training session availability, and are governed by rules and restrictions that may limit the exchange, exchanges are not guaranteed and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Refund Policy: Course orders are not necessarily eligible for a refund or cancellation. We can assist you if you are having any trouble with the initial groundwork and are here to guide you throughout the process. If you met our criteria for a refund, after completion and processing of your request, a refund will be issued for the face value paid (or, for a discounted course or event, then instead the discounted price paid) minus all service fees. .
Multiple payments for the same course: If a participant has made an extra payment (same course bought multiple times) for the same course, a refund will be issued upon request. Request must be received via email to email@example.com or in writing to HigherU, 315 Parsons Ave., Bala Cynwyd, PA, 19004. There will be a 3.7% transaction cost per credit card excahnge or refund transaction .
By purchasing through our Site, you hereby agree that you will not attempt to evade, avoid, or circumvent any refund prohibitions in any manner with regard to the course or event package you purchased. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will not dispute or otherwise seek a “chargeback” from the company whose credit card you used to purchase tickets from the Site. Should you do so, your registration is subject to immediate cancellation, and we may, in our sole discretion, refuse to honor pending and future purchases made from all credit card accounts or online accounts on which such chargebacks have been made, and may prohibit future purchases from all persons in whose name the credit card accounts exist and any person who accesses any associated online account or credit card or who otherwise breaches this provision from using the Site.
If we issue you a refund due to a canceled or postponed event or course, we will issue a refund of the face value paid (or, for a discounted course or event, then instead the discounted price paid) minus all service fees.
By accessing the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
The Site and associated content and services are only available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
Sign-in Name | Password | Unique Identifiers
During the registration process for Registered Users, we will ask you to create an account, which includes a sign-in name (“Sign-In Name”), a password (“Password”), and perhaps certain additional information that will assist in authenticating your identity when you log-in in the future (“Unique Identifiers”). When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information. Each Sign-In Name and corresponding Password can be used by only one Registered User, and sharing your access credentials with others (especially if they are using your credentials to access our proprietary Content (as defined below)) is a material breach of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Sign-In Name, Password, and Unique Identifiers, as well as for any use, misuse, or communications entered through the Websites using one or more of them. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a Password or Sign-In Name, or change any Unique Identifier. We reserve the right to delete or change your Password, Sign-In Name, or Unique Identifier at any time and for any reason and shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage caused by such action.
Revisions and Errata
Any materials associated with the HigherU Site or Course could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. HigherU does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. HigherU may make changes to the Materials at any time without notice. HigherU does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Ownership of Content
The Site, the Course and all data, text, designs, pages, print screens, images, artwork, photographs, audio and video clips, and HTML code, source code, or software that reside or are viewable or otherwise discoverable on the Site, and all materials obtained from the Site, (collectively, the “Content”) are owned by us or our licensors. We may change the Content and features of the Site at any time.
We grant you a limited, conditional, at-cost, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license to view this Site and its Content as permitted by these Terms for personal non-commercial transitory viewing purposes only if, as a condition precedent, you agree that you will not:
- Modify or copy the materials or Site or Course in any way
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Use the Site or Course and the Content and associated Materials in an attempt to, or in conjunction with, any device, program or service designed to circumvent any technological measure that effectively controls access to, or the rights in, the Site and/or Content in any way including, without limitation, by manual or automatic device or process, for any purpose;
- Use any computer program, bot, robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device, tool, or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the security structure, navigational structure, or presentation of the Content, Materials or the Site, including with respect to any CAPTCHAdisplayed on the Site. Operators of public search engines may use spiders to copy materials from the Site or Course for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We may revoke this exception at any time and require removal of archived materials gathered in the past;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site, Course, or Materials associated thereof;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Content;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Site;
- Submit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you submit;
- Link to any portion of the Site other than the URL assigned to the homepage of the Site;
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by HigherU at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Claims of Copyright Infringement on the Site
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) if you believe in good faith that any content on the Site infringes your copyright, you may send us a notice requesting that the content be removed. The notice must include: (a) your (or your agent’s) physical or electronic signature; (b) identification of the copyrighted work on our Site that is claimed to have been infringed (or a representative list if multiple copyrighted works are included in one notification); (c) identification of the content that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, including information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the content on the Site; (d) your name, address, telephone number and email address (if available); (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by you or your agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you or your agent is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, you may send us a counter-notice. You may read more information about the DMCA at http://www.loc.gov/copyright.
Notices and counter-notices should be sent to HigherU, P.O. Box 11218 Elkins Park PA 19027 firstname.lastname@example.org. There can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
It is our policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the access rights to the Site of repeat infringers.
Forums and User Content
We may host course reviews, message boards, blog feeds, social media feeds and other forums either directly on the Site or through third party vendors (collectively, “Forums”), and you may be able to submit suggestions, reviews, comments or questions, audio and video recordings, or other materials to the Forums or other areas of the Site (“User Content”).
You own all rights to your User Content. If you submit User Content to the Site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, display, archive and commercialize your User Content, in our sole discretion, in all formats and in all media channels now known or hereinafter discovered, without any compensation or acknowledgment to you or anyone else. This license will not affect your ownership in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, except if it conflicts with these Terms. We are not obligated to post, display or otherwise use any User Content, or to attribute your User Content to you. You will not make or authorize any claim against us that our use of your User Content infringes any of your rights.
Statements, opinions, and reviews posted by participants in a Forum may be inaccurate, offensive, obscene, threatening, or harassing. We do not endorse and are not responsible for these postings. We will not be liable for any loss or harm caused by the posting or your reliance on information obtained through the postings.
The HigherU community, like any community, functions best when its users follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Site, you agree to comply with these community guidelines (the “Community Guidelines”) and that, in addition to complying with all applicable laws in your use of our Site, and our other terms of Service:
You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not “stalk,” threaten, or otherwise harass another person;
- You will not spam or use the Site to engage in any commercial activities;
- If you post any Registered User Content, you will stay on topic;
- You will not access or use the Site to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Websites through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Websites;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Websites for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
- You will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review.
You will be responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting it. By submitting User Content, you represent to us that (i) you own, or have the necessary permission to submit the User Content and to grant the licenses to us under this section, and (ii) you have the written permission of every identifiable person in the User Content to use that person’s name and likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms or, if the person is a minor, the written permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
We will have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site, the Forums and the User Content, and to disclose any User Content and the circumstances surrounding its submission in order to operate the Site properly, or to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our users, or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
If we are notified that your User Content does not comply with these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and may decide to remove your User Content, eject you from any associated course without further notification or refund, and cancel your account. We may also hold you liable for any User Content that infringes the rights of a third party and require you to pay or reimburse us for any amounts we believe are necessary to resolve any complaint.
Violation of Terms
We may investigate any violation of these Terms, including unauthorized use of the Site or unauthorized distribution of disseminated materials. We may provide law enforcement with information you provide to us related to your transactions to assist in any investigation or prosecution of you. We may take legal action that we feel is appropriate. You agree that monetary damages may not provide us a sufficient remedy, and that we may pursue injunctive or other relief for your violation of these Terms. If we determine that you have violated these Terms or the law, or for any other reason or for no reason, we may cancel your account, delete all your User Content, and prevent you from accessing the Site or continuing with the Course at any time without notice to you. If that happens, you may no longer use the Site, the Course or any Content. You will still be bound by your obligations under these Terms. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for termination of your access to the Site or to your account or any related information, and we will not be required to make the Site or your account or any related information available to you. We may also cancel any purchase order. We may refuse to honor pending and future purchases made from all accounts we believe may be associated with you, or cancel a purchase order associated with any person we believe to be acting with you, or exercise any other remedy available to us.
You agree that your abusive use of the Site, Forum, or Course materials may cause damage and harm to us, including impaired goodwill, lost sales, and increased expenses.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE COURSE, FORUM, SITE AND THE CONTENT TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE TRY TO KEEP THE COURSE, SITE, AND FORUM UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, AND TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS THE DISCLAIMER OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SITE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR EVENT OR COURSE MATERIAL PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OTHER THAN OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED UPON ANY CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR (a) ANY FAILURE OF ANOTHER USER OF THE SITE TO CONFORM TO THE CODES OF CONDUCT, (b) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE, (c) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (d) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DEFECTS, DATE BOMBS, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE, (e) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE COURSE OR SITE IS TO WITHDRAW. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN US IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF THE SITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND THE PROVISIONS OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS THE RECOVERY OF DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR COSTS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS PARAGRAPH THAT (A) PROHIBIT DAMAGES TO BE MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, (B) IMPOSE A DAMAGES LIMITATION OF THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS, AND (C) PROHIBIT THE RECOVERY OF ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS, DO NOT APPLY IN CERTAIN STATES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEW JERSEY, TO CLAIMS BROUGHT UNDER STATUTES PERMITTING SUCH RECOVERY.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your use of the Course, Site, the Content, your User Content or your violation of these Terms, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our affiliated companies, event providers, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and each of our officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs). We reserve the right to take exclusive control and defense of any claim, and you will cooperate fully with us in asserting any available defenses.
It is our belief that these Terms do not contain any provision contrary to law. However, if any part of these Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, you agree that: (a) that part shall nevertheless be enforced to the extent permissible in order to effect the intent of these Terms, and (b) the remaining parts shall be deemed valid and enforceable.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding these Terms or the Site, please contact us at:
Higher U, Inc.
P.O. Box 11218 Elkins Park PA 19027
California users may also contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services, California Department of Consumer Affairs, located at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, (800) 952-5210.